"There is no such thing as a simple act of compassion or an inconsequential act of service. Everything we do for another person has infinite consequences. Everything action gives rise to a ripple effect, just as a pebble that is tossed into a pond sends out wave after wave, widening and covering more and more space. Everything we do and say matters. period. This is why Buddhists and Hindus, indeed all great spiritual traditions, teach the importance of mindfulness in speech and attention to behavior, because of the limitless, unforeseen effects of our every action and word."
"'We accept the love we think we deserve.'
Then I’m screwed.
I think, I don’t deserve the love at all.."
"1. You cannot measure the depth, the volume or the width of the heart.
2. The only suicide note that I left behind was written in the blood from my scars, my refusal to eat, my sleepless nights and reckless habits.
3. The boy who takes your virginity won’t stay around, he will hurt you, make you think he loves you. When he leaves you will scream his name in the shower, you will scream it as you turn the temperature up to full and leave burns on your skin because he ran through your veins. Any self destructive method might get him out of your system.
4. You will move on. It won’t hurt forever. Just as you realise you’re better off without him, you’ll see a boy who captivates you. You’ll notice the soft crescent curve of his bottom lip and the way his voice is as soft as the moonlight that has turned his skin slightly yellow. You will love him more than anything.
5. Your exams aren’t as important as you think. You will be okay if you get a C in your Maths exam. They’re not worth losing sleep over. If you wake one night, terrified over the thought of failing and you feel like you shouldn’t be alive. We can watch films and talk about the boy who sits behind you in Physics.
6. Things will be okay.
7. Remember when I’m old and grey and scared of dying please hold me like I held you when you were screaming - scared by the thought of entering this world.
8. When I die, you won’t be alone.
9. Please don’t forget about me.
10. I was just as scared as you are."
"You have so many layers, that you can peel away a few, and everyone’s so shocked or impressed that you’re baring your soul, while to you it’s nothing, because you know you’ve twenty more layers to go."